Admission to year 1 is by entrance exam
- to be aged under 30 years on 1 January of the year when the exam is taken
- to be preparing or already hold the Baccalaureate or a foreign qualification recognised as equivalent
If an applicant cannot meet one of these conditions, exemptions may be granted by the head of the School in certain, justified circumstances. Applicants are strongly advised to send in their request for an exemption several weeks before the opening date for the submission of applications.
NB: Applicants in the final year of high school may apply to take the entrance exam, but they will not be admitted if they fail the Baccalaureate.
Conditions of enrolment:
Three items must be submitted when enrolling for the entrance exam: an administrative application form, a dossier of artistic work and payment of the enrolment fee (€35).
Further details concerning these items and the precise details of the application procedure in this page.
The entrance exam consists of 2 parts:
- a written English paper
- an interview with an examining panel (covering general knowledge and the applicant's motivation)
Jury concours d'entrée 2015
Admission by local educational equivalences committee (CLE) - Conditions:
Admission to Years 2, 3 and 4
- to come from another art school approved by the Ministry of Culture and Communication or
- to hold a French plastic arts or applied arts diploma
Admission by the national educational equivalences committee (CNE) - Conditions:
- to hold a French plastic arts or applied arts diploma or
- to come from another artistic or cultural training course: provide the brochure detailing the syllabus of the course taken and your transcripts
- provide proof of the level of studies required or attendance of a course leading to it, based on the equivalence principle
- download the application form on www.esadse.fr and send in your application
Non-French speaking candidates must provide a TCF certificate (French language exam), level B2.
- pre-selection of applications
- Enrolment in the entrance exam on the School's website will be possible from December
Dates to remember:
- Entrance exam: May in the year of entry